The Photogenic PL1250 500W/s PowerLight Monolight offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
What good is a light if it keeps you in the dark? The 500W/s keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its simple, straightforward slider control that allows stepless power adjustments across 6 stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output.
The PL1250 recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 1.5 seconds with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. The PL1250 comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
- Six Stop Power Range
- Power settings are steplessly adjustable across 6 stops via a simple slider control.
- Fast Recycling
- The PL1250DR recycles to full power in only 1.5 seconds to catch even the most fleeting gestures
- Modeling Light
- The PL1250's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp is independently adjustable from full to 1/32 power. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic PowerLights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- Built-In Slave
- This version of the PL1250 has a built-in, highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
- User Replaceable Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube
- Ready Indication
- A ready light and audible alert let you know when the capacitors are at 100% charge
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to ensure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube and modeling light lives
- Safety Features
- The PL1250 incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PL1250 is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories