The MULTIGATE PRO XR4400 provides four frequency-selective expanders/noise gates in a single rack space. Each section comprises an ultra-fast gate, a program dependent expander, a filter section and precision meters indicating both threshold point and gain reduction.
The included side chain parametric filters allow the user to fine-tune control signals so that the gate reacts only when required. The Interactive Attack Control (IAC) circuit analyzes the program material to calculate the attack time of the gate. Separate hold and release controls offer additional flexibility. The XR4400 has a switchable operating mode for the gate and expander. With the MODE function off, the unit works in gate mode using an extremely fast attack time, thus preserving the transient details of the program material. In expander mode, the device analyzes the shape and dynamic contents of the input signal to calculate the control time parameters. The result is that vocals, instruments and complex mix signals can be cleaned up without audible clicks or other detrimental effects.
A couple function on the XR4400 provides a great deal of flexibility to link the expander/gate sections in a master/slave configuration.
- Quadruple expander/gate
- High-precision parametric filter for frequency selective operation
- Fully adjustable Ratio control in Expander mode
- Fully adjustable Attenuation control in Gate mode
- Independent Hold/Release controls for any envelope shaping
- FlexLink system for flexible Master/Slave configurations
- Extremely low-noise operational amplifiers and high-grade VCA's
- Filter Monitor facility for monitoring the filter section
- High-quality detent potentiometers and backlit switches
- Servo-balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs
- 8-digit LED meters for input level, output level and gain reduction monitoring