This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine U-AM Housing is an economical solution for using a point and shoot camera (with a physically-fixed lens) near or just under the water's surface, manufactured from double laminated PVC and with an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 33 feet (10 m) depth; perfect for snorkeling, shallow diving, or generally sandy, dusty, and humidity weather conditions. The U-AM gives your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable. When not in use, it is relatively light and takes up little space.
A pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails fit together for sealing, tightened by knurled screw knobs. The U-AM allows the camera's built-in flash, whether stationary or the 'pop-up' type, to work without restrictions.
The U-AM housing is designed for compact cameras without a zoom lens, and the largest dimensions to fit in this housing are 5.9 x 3.54 x 2.75" (150 x 90 x 70mm) WxHxD.
- An Ideal Near-the-Surface Solution
- The Ewa-Marine housing's perfect for use at or near the water's surface, such as in sailing or snorkeling, but is also practical for protection from harsh weather conditions
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- A durable housing solution that's easily maintained and packs in minimal space
- Non-Corrosive Clamping Rails
- The non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails are secured by knurled thumb screws
- Camera Functions
- Accesses to all camera functions through the PVC
- Allows use of Flash
- Room for the camera's pop-up flash to function is in the housing
- Priced significantly less than conventional housings