The DS-20 tripod system consists of the DS-20 fluid head, designed to bring "Big Head" performance and professional features like Dynamic Fluid Drag control and an integrated Static Counterbalancing System, for today's lightweight DVCAM and DVC-PRO camcorders. Offers a sliding balance plate, independent Pan and Tilt locks, precision spirit level and integral 75mm ball leveling. The result is lightweight support that delivers superior performance.
Also included is a lightweight two-stage tripod with a 75mm-bowl fixing. Constructed of aluminum alloy with toggle leg clamping system and are independently adjustable. The ultimate for news gatherers who demand rock-solid stability under the most hostile location conditions.
DS-20 Fluid Head
- Multi-Step Pan & Tilt Fluid Drag System
- The multi-step Fluid Drag system ensures smooth, consistent fluid drag control across all temperature ranges and through a wide range of light and heavy settings. By being independent of payload weight, provides smooth "starts" and dead "stops" for precise framing without any backlash. The system is fully sealed within sub-assemblies for a leakproof, low maintenance life.
- Preset Counterbalancing
- Uses a special designed counterbalanced system, to neutralize the effect of payloads and their centers of gravity. The built-in preset counterbalance system optimizes tilt control in the intended capacity range.
- Quick Release Camera Platform
- Fitted with a precision, sliding quick release camera platform with self-engaging action. Ensuring rapid camera attachment, while the built-in safety lock guarantees camera safety during setup and pull-down.
- Built-in bubble for horizontal leveling
- Aluminum alloy construction
- 75mm / 3" bowl base
- Double extension design
- Maximum height 61.0-inch (not including head)
- Toggle clamping system