The Crown PCC-170 is a half-supercardioid boundary microphone designed for use in conferences, boardrooms, courtrooms etc. The supercardioid polar pattern provides a highly directional pick up, minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. A wide frequency response of 50Hz to 20kHz accentuates the midrange frequencies associated with the human voice while minimizing low frequency noise. A "Bass Tilt" switch further eliminates low frequency hum and noise. The microphone is powered via 12 to 48V phantom power source, such as a Crown PH-1A or PH-4B power supplies.
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone, providing high gain before feedback and pick up at long range.
- Phase Coherent Pick Up
- Although mounted on a surface, direct and reflected signals are reproduced in phase.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The 50Hz to 20kHz frequency response accentuate frequencies associated with the voice, while minimizing low frequency noise.
- Bass Tilt Switch
- A Bass Tilt switch further minimizes noise born at low-frequencies.