The Audix D2 Microphone features the frequency and sensitivity response required for accurately reproducing signals from drums and percussion instruments. The D2 features a dynamic element capable of reproducing signals with high transients (peaks) without noise associated with distortion and overload.
The 44Hz to 18kHz frequency response features a slight bump in the mid-bass frequencies. The contoured mid-bass response accentuates the tonal frequencies associated rack-toms, congas, floor-toms, and other percussion instruments rich in mid-bass response. A natural low frequency roll-off at 44Hz eliminates structure noise, hum and other noise registered at the low frequency spectrum. The hyper-cardioid polar pattern provides a "tight" pick up area at the front of the capsule. Ambiance and noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone are greatly reduced, resulting in high signal-to-noise ratio.
- Hyper-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The hyper-cardioid polar pattern is effective in eliminating noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
- Contoured Mid-Bass Frequency Response
- The D2 features a frequency response of 44Hz to 18kHz. A mid-range bump accentuates the tonal response of floor toms, congas and more, the natural low frequency roll-off reduces noise.
- High SPL Handling
- The D2 can accurately handle signals with sound pressure levels registering at 144dB. Transient peaks are reproduced without distortion due to overload.