The Canon 18x50 IS Binocular delivers truly outstanding optical performance and a well-stabilized, high-magnification view. Whether upon the water's edge enjoying a boat race or high in a stadium's uppermost deck, the 18x50 IS puts you right in the middle of the action with extreme intimacy. The 18x50 IS binocular's great for big game hunters, spectators of extremely distant sports such as surfing or extreme skiing, or anyone hunkering for incredible pulling power that can actually be enjoyed without the use of a tripod. It is a water resistant design and also has a tripod socket, as extended periods of observation are best enjoyed with some form of support.
The 18x50 IS was not designed to be habitually worn around the neck, but if you prefer to carry your optic in this manner then consider a thick neoprene strap instead of the supplied flat woven strap. If you'll be using the binocular in cold weather, it is highly recommended to use lithium batteries instead of alkaline.
The 18x50 IS is threaded to accept 58mm filters, which is convenient for using polarizers around water, but it also means that during extremely bright or humid conditions you can use a pair of 58mm lens hoods to help shield the objective lenses from dew and stray light (and thus improve contrast).
- Image Stabilizer counteracts hand tremors for ±0.7° movement in all directions
- Field-flattening lens improves edge-to-edge sharpness
- UD Ultra-low dispersion glass element
- Remarkable close focus distance of 19.7' (6 m) for a 18x power binocular
- Eye relief of 15mm is sufficient for most users
- Accepts 58mm filters & lens hoods
- Standard 1/4"-20 threaded tripod socket upon bottom of housing
- Backed by Canon USA's 3-year warranty