The Photogenic PL2500DRC 1,000W/s PowerLight Monolight (UV) offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
What good is a light if it keeps you in the dark? The PL2500DRC keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments across 6 stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output.
The PL2500DRC recycles to full power in a fast 3.0 seconds with short flash durations at minimum power that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes. The color corrected flash tube prevents blue hues from creeping into the color balance on subjects like a bride in her wedding dress. The tube also insures a flattering skin tone rendition.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. The PL2500DRC comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
- Six Stop Power Range
- Power settings Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 32W/s to 1,000W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- Fast Recycling
- The PL2500DRC recycles to full power in only 3.0 seconds at full power to catch even the most fleeting gesturers
- Modeling Light
- The PL2500DRC's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp offers independent power control that is adjustable from full to 1/32 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments to match the flash output. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic PowerLights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- Built-In Slave
- This version of the PL2500DRC has a built-in, highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
- User Replaceable Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube
- Ready Indication
- Dims the modeling light while charging the capacitors. When the capacitors are at 100%, the modeling lamp re-lights
- Color Corrected Flash Tube
- The color corrected flash tube filters out blue hues that result from UV emission for a cleaner look with flattering flesh tones
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- Safety Features
- The PL2500DRC incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PL2500DRC is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories