The Fujinon Techno-Stabi TS 14x40 Binocular provides the kind of stabilization needed for its high 14x magnification, and is a joy to use handheld. In easy conditions with 7 or 8x binoculars, it is relatively simple to get large, steady images up close and personal. But as magnification increases, this becomes a more difficult task. Eventually the smaller field of view and more pronounced shake of a large optic can render big binoculars a very frustrating affair.
But the Techno-Stabi's whopping 5° of stabilization in every direction makes it actually useful in such situations as tracking a moving subject while on a moving platform yourself. It is also great for observing from airplanes, helicopters, or boats, and as a completely waterproofed unit it can be used effectively anywhere.
Beyond its stabilizing capacity, the Techno-Stabi 14x40 TS has Fujinon's EBC multicoatings upon every optical surface, and also has phase-coated Bak-4 roof prisms for great brightness and contrast. The Techno-Stabi accepts DC and AC power sources in addition to the 4 "AA" batteries normally used.
- The world's only truly 100% waterproof/fogproof stabilized binocular
- ±5° All-direction motion compensation
- Phase-coated Bak-4 roof prisms
- Full Fujinon EBC multicoatings upon all optical surfaces
- Simple on/off button for stabilization, rather than a button you need to constantly push
- Rubber armored housing
- 60-70mm Interpupillary adjustment range
- ±4 Dioptric correction
- Automatic shut-off after one minute preserves battery life