The DB-1 is a simple passive direct box that offers clean and reliable performance. It can be used for nearly any instrument or signal source, from electric bass, keyboards and drum machines to sub-mixers and external speaker outputs.
The DB-1 preserves the "punch" and clarity of a sound that is often lost when placing a microphone in front of a speaker, while eliminating the leakage, distortion and coloration. The signal delivered to the P.A. or studio mixer is crisp and clean - a vital element in retaining the full depth and sound of such current equipment as FM synthesizers and digital drum machines.
The DB-1 may be inserted into the signal path at virtually any stage. For instance, a bass guitar signal can be "taken direct" for a clean, natural tone, from a preamplifier or line output for a punchier or "equalized" sound, or from the speaker output of the amplifier if a dirtier "edge" is desired.
Built for the road, but equally at home in the recording studio, the DB-1 is housed in a rugged 16-gauge steel and aluminum "Uni-box" construction enclosure. The uniquely slotted side channels allow for stacking on top or strapping side-to-side of virtually any number of Pro Co Monoface devices using the Uni-box construction.
- Single channel passive direct box
- Floating transformer-balanced XLR output for maximum isolation
- SPKR (speaker) mode handles amplifiers up to 600W RMS
- Hi-cut filter reduces distortion
- Ground lift switch eliminates hum and buzz
- Passive design requires no batteries or phantom power
- Rugged "Uni-box" construction for super-strength and shielding