The Heliopan 77mm UV Filter is a general use, clear filter that helps to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. No additional coloration or contrast is provided, allowing you to pair this filter with others. The UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
The front and rear surfaces of the filter both feature a single anti-reflection coating. Each coating helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, they offer protection to the filter substrate while helping to keep the glass clean for longer than uncoated glass.
This Heliopan filter is constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. It features a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Absorbs UV light, which can cause outdoor photos to appear hazy and indistinct
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
- Works as general protection filter to reduce dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements.
- Single coatings on both the front and rear offer protection to the glass and help to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Dual threading with 77mm front filter threads permits combining with other filters.