Alesis has combined their experience in reference monitor design and studio amplification to deliver the M1Active MKII Bi-Amplified Studio Reference Monitors. The speakers offer accurate response that translates well to other playback systems. The internal active crossover and custom-designed dual amplifiers ensure an extremely consistent performance under a variety of different studio conditions and program material.
The woofer and tweeter of the monitors were specifically designed to provide a linear, low distortion response. The 6.5" woofer cone is formulated from a non-woven carbon fiber, a material that has been used for the skin of combat aircraft wings. Since it offers high tensile strength and low weight (25% lighter than polypropylene) the driver is able to provide quicker transient response in the low frequency range for good bass response. The 1" tweeter dome is made of pure silk, and offers a natural response that aids in preventing ear fatigue during long mix sessions.
The bass driver amplifiers of the M1Active MKII monitors deliver a healthy 75 watts and the high frequency amplifiers provide 25 watts for the tweeters. The 8th order high and low-pass electronic crossover filters have a crossover point carefully chosen at a low 1.5kHz, that helps produce an extremely wide dispersion zone as well as low midrange coloration. Additionally, time alignment circuitry has been added to the tweeter section of the crossovers that allows the output of frequencies from the high and low drivers to occur in perfect synchronization, thus avoiding time smear. Dual front-mounted ports provided fast, coherent and extended low frequency augmentation.
The M1Active MKII monitors are magnetically shielded and can be mounted in either a horizontal or vertical placement.
- Bi-amplified studio reference monitors
- 6.5" low frequency driver is made from non-woven carbon fiber that provides fast transient response
- Pure silk 1" tweeter
- Time aligned circuitry allows the output of frequencies from the high and low frequency drivers to occur in perfect synchronization
- 8th order high and low-pass electronic crossover filters
- Magnetically shielded to allow for placement in close proximity to computer or video monitors
- Integrated amplifiers provide optimized performance
- Easy to set up