The Audix SCX1/HC Microphone is a versatile condenser microphone system featuring interchangeable capsules designed for vocal, general instrument and ambiance capturing applications. The SCX1/HC is also widely used as an interior boompole microphone with outstanding results. The Audix SCX1/HC features a hyper-cardioid polar pattern, which provides exceptional off-axis rejection that provides a narrow pick up area at the direct sections of the capsule. Transformerless circuitry and surface mount technology provide a compact profile and quiet signal response with a low noise floor. The sensitivity and wide frequency response make the microphone ideal for both vocals, guitar, strings, drums and percussion, overhead cymbals and more. The SCX1 has a high SPL rating of 130dB, to allow the capsule to accurately pick up transient (peaking) signal without noise caused by distortion overload.
- Hyper-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The hyper-cardioid polar pattern provides maximum signal rejection at the off-axis sections of the microphone head. This provides a low noise floor and high gain-before-feedback response.
- Modular Capsule Design
- The SCX1/HC includes a hyper-cardioid capsule however an omnidirectional, omni-presence and cardioid capsules are available.
- Surface Mount Technology
- Surface mount technology provides a smaller, compact profile, making microphone placement and positioning quick and easy.
- Transformer-less Design
- The SCX1 provides transformerless output circuitry resulting in high signal to noise ratio and high signal output.