The Korg MICROKORG is a lightweight, portable synthesizer and MIDI controller keyboard, with 37 velocity sensitive miniature keys, serving the DJ and Techno markets. The small but intense footprint of the keyboard, and the provision for AA battery power, contribute to this keyboard's usefulness as a mobile, laptop composing and production tool. The LED illuminated selection buttons and display make live performance, in dark venues, significantly easier.
The MICROKORG is an analog modeling synthesizer with a large selection of waveforms, including a choice selection imported from one of Korg's classic digital synths, providing a unique, hybrid sound palette to choose from. The sound sources of this instrument include 2 Oscillator and Noise Generators, a multi-mode filter, 2 LFO's and 2 Envelope Generators, all of which may be interconnected by 4 Virtual Patch matrixes.
The MICROKORG is a viable master controller, with a large selection of assignable buttons and knobs. The pitch and modulation wheels, along with the 5 parameter control knobs, are real-time controllers, a welcome stage or studio performance feature.
The MICROKORG's built-ins include a Vocoder with a condenser microphone, an Arpeggiator, and a selection of modulation and delay effects, along with an equalizer. The flexible input structure and routing scheme of the keyboard allow for use of the MICROKORG as a sound processor of external microphone or line audio, with lots of unusual sonic possibilities. All of the built-ins are programmable, and the Vocoder features 16 dedicated programs, meant to demonstrate and exploit it's advanced power.
The MICROKORG is an innovative product that is packed with useful creative tools and features, and surprisingly affordable.
Note: The included power adapter is intended for 120VAC USA outlets. An appropriate adapter and/or step down transformer needs to be obtained separately for international use.
- 37-key synthesizer and MIDI controller keyboard with Vocoder and Arpeggiator
- Analog modeling synthesis with 135 waveforms and multi-band vocoding with 16 dedicated programs
- AC or 6 "AA" battery power for location and laptop composing and recording
- 8-channel programmable Vocoder with adjustable level, pan and Arpeggiator or MIDI clock synchronization;
- Formant frequency shifting and formant freeze function for gender-bending and keyboard mapping
- Condenser mic and +5 Volt microphone input for vocoder
- Built-in Flanging, Phasing and Chorusing modulation effects, separate Delay group and Equalizer
- Switchable mini and 1/4" mic/line inputs for dynamic microphones or line level CD or instrument audio effects or vocoder processing
- Assignable controller knobs and buttons
- Assignable Modulation and Pitch wheels
- Modulation and Pitch Wheels and 5 parameter control knobs all with real-time controller functionality
- Programmable Arpeggiator with 6 types of arpegggio motion, 4 Octave range and Step Arpeggiator function editing
- MIDI clock sync for Arpeggiator