The MULTICOM PRO MDX4600 from Behringer provides four channels of Interactive Knee Adaptation (IKA) compression/limiting, housed in a single rack space chassis. A peak limiter on all channels helps prevent clipping of the audio source.
Each compressor features program dependent attack and release times with a switchable side-chain filter to help with bass dominated compression. Channels 1/2 and 3/4 can be switched as independent pairs for stereo operation and accurate metering and professional connections provide extensive processing power.
- Program adaptive compression circuitry (IKA) combines the advantages of both hard and soft knee characteristics
- Compression characteristics switchable between IKA and hard knee characteristics
- Interactive gain control peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable high-pass filter in the control signal path prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function for channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 selectable with real totaling RMS output
- Accurate 8-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- High quality detented potentiometers and backlit switches
- Operating level switchable from +4dBu to -10dBV
- Servo balanced inputs and outputs with gold-plated XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors