Made of silky-smooth anodized aluminum, the Wimberley P5 Universal Quick Release Plate is a simple Arca-Swiss style universal plate providing much of the quality construction, solid connection and anti-twist capacities of custom plates. It is 100% compatible with all the various Arca-type quick release adapters made by many different companies(such as Acratech, Arca-Swiss, Foba, Graf/Studioball, Gitzo, Novoflex, NPC and Wimberley).
The P-5 plate has a thin, dense layer of textured rubber upon its uppermost surface, which grips the bottom of cameras but is so dense and thin that it maintains a solid feel similar to a metal-to-camera connection. Below the rubber, the top metal surface of the P5 is machined to ensure that frictional force is concentrated on the plate's outer portions, which provides the maximum mechanical advantage to help resist twisting.
While the P5 works on nearly all camera bodies, it is brilliantly suited for use with cameras which have metal skeletons and metal tripod sockets. With plastic-bodied camera bodies, one must not apply excessive torque to the plate when attaching to the camera.
- Can be used for cameras or collared lenses
- Two 3mm stop-screws supplied can be affixed to the ends of the plate, to prevent the plate from accidentally sliding out of the head
- Second offset 1/4-20" hole, for cameras that don't have a centered tripod socket
- 1/4-20" Threaded hole to attach plate directly to head or bracket
- Accepts Module 8 to work with Shape Shifter flash/macro bracket system