The AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED Lens from Nikon is designed for use with Nikon DX format DSLR cameras. It features wide angle zoom capability with a 35mm focal length equivalent of 18-36mm, enabling creatively distorted ultra-wide perspectives and standard wide-angle shooting for capturing interiors, landscape vistas and documentary and photojournalistic style images. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture delivers consistent exposure control throughout the zoom range.
Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and three aspherical elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, leading to sharp, color-accurate, high contrast images. Super Integrated Coating on the lens elements improves light transmission and reduces flare and ghosting.
This G-type NIKKOR lens is designed with no aperture ring, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation. Autofocus is supported by the Silent Wave Motor which provides fast, precise and near-silent operation, particularly useful when shooting video. Manual focus override enables immediate control over manual focus, even in AF mode. Zoom and focus rings are smooth and this compact lens is built to handle inclement weather and tough shooting environments.
- Ultra-wide angle zoom lens with constant f/4 maximum aperture provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of a 18-36mm lens
- Two Extra-low Dispersion glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, provide higher resolution and superior contrast
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize distortion, especially at the periphery, for superior optical performance
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghosting and flare
- Silent Wave Motor for swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance