The 882i Sonic Maximizer from BBE delivers the sound-improving benefits of a Maximizer signal processor in dual mono operation. The unit is housed in a single rack space chassis with balanced XLR inputs and outputs and is designed for applications requiring low noise, high headroom and +4dBu input levels.
For each channel there is a pair of Lo Contour and Process knobs plus a five-segment LED input level meter. A single function button switches the BBE process on or off in both channels, which is useful for comparing the processed sound to the unprocessed sound.
An LED next to the function button glows green when the BBE process is on and red when the process is off. The Lo Contour controls are for adjusting the level of phase corrected low frequencies in the program material. The Process control is for adjusting the level of phase corrected high frequencies in the program material.
Applications for the unit include multi-track studios, professional and semi-pro sound reinforcement, broadcast transmission, mobile DJ systems, nightclub sound systems and cassette copying.
- Two independent BBE Sonic Maximizer signal processors in a single chassis
- Applies different phase and algorithms to three separate frequency bands
- Variable front panel controls allow the user to adjust the amount of process desired
- Process and Low Contour controls per channel
- Bypass switch for comparison of processed to unprocessed signal
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs