The Sony DMX-P01 is a professional digital field mixer that combines the convenience of portable studio grade audio mixing, with the pristine fidelity of high resolution digital technology. The mixer features 4 electronically balanced XLR inputs that are switchable between mic and line level signal. The output section also features 2 XLR outputs that are capable of providing mic or line level signal as well. The mixer features 24-bit A/D and D/A converters and 32-bit signal processing. The DMXP-01 also supports both, 48kHz and 96kHz sampling frequencies. AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs are provided, a second S/PDIF input can be used to cascade additional mixers.
Channels 1/2 and 3/4 feature stereo linking, phase reverse switches on channels 2 and 4 allow M-S stereo decoding. Preset user locations are provided for storing parameter settings, providing quick recall of settings required by different users. The backlit LCD display features a choice of metering modes. VU, BBC-type, DIN-type, NORDIC-type, IEC-type 1 and dBFS metering are all user selectable. Low-cut filters and peak limiters are all user programmable and +48V phantom power is user switchable. The mixer is powered for approximately 5 hours with 8 AA batteries, external DC power is achieved via 4-pin XLR or DC power inputs.
- 24 Bit Converters
- 24 bit A/D and D/A converters ensure a high level of signal reproduction with emphasis on dynamics in respect to the source signal.
- 32 Bit Processing
- 32 bit processing maximizes DSP efficiency resulting in quick, accurate audio signal processing and throughput.
- 48kHz & 96kHz Sampling Frequencies
- The DMXP-01 supports 48kHz and 96kHz sampling frequencies. High sampling frequencies result in pristine clarity and accurate signal detail.
- 4 Balanced XLR Inputs
- The mixer's 4 inputs feature stereo linking on channels 1/2 and 3/4. Phase reverse switches are provided on channels 2 and 4 for M-S decoding.
- Set Up Recall & Storage
- The DMXP-01 is software driven, enabling users to store and recall programmed settings as needed.
- Programmable Metering
- Software driven interface provides VU, BBC-type, DIN-type, NORDIC-type, IEC-type 1 and dBFS metering.
- AES/EBU & S/PDIF Output
- The output section features AES/EBU digital and S/PDIF digital outputs, in addition to dual XLR analog.
- Flexible Monitoring
- The headphone monitor section provides six monitoring modes. Left output, right output, stereo output, left/right-mixed, mono, M/S decode and camera return.