This is a complete six-light tungsten kit, appropriately named the Lowel Super Ambi Kit. It includes two Tota-light floodlights, two Omni-light and one Pro-light focusing flood lights, and a Rifa eX 55 softbox light. An array of light control devices such as scrims, flags, reflectors, barndoors, gels, arms, clamps, and umbrellas are included. Light stands are included for each fixture, as well as bulbs, and storage cases for extra bulbs. A heavy-duty hard plastic wheeled case makes transport and storage easy.
Although this kit is supplied for use with 120 AC voltage, all of the fixtures in this kit can function with 220-240 AC voltage. The Pro and Omni lights will also function with 12-30 DC voltage, with the appropriate bulbs, adapter plugs or cables, and power supplies (available separately).
- With its adjustable reflectors, it can be a smooth and even background light, or point it at the ceiling to raise the ambient (base) light level of a room--Tota-lights are also widely used for photographic copy work
- When fitted with an EMD 750W 120V bulb (available separately), the Tota-light will emit a beam of 41 footcandles, with the barndoors at normal position, and 34 footcandles with the barndoors at 180° position, from a distance of 10' (3 m)
- Tota-lights are basic floodlights that are supplied with 750W bulbs--they also accept bulbs of 300W, 500W, and 1000W
- The wide focusing range of the Omni-light makes it a flexible key light or back-light--add diffusion or an umbrella, and it's a soft fill source
- When fitted with an FTK 500W bulb (available separately), this fixture will emit a beam of 75 footcandles at full flood, and 475 footcandles at full spot, from a distance of 10 ft (3 m)
- With its high intensity #2 reflector and prismatic glass, the tiny focusable Pro-light is more efficient than a Fresnel of equal wattage, yet it gives an exquisite even light, with Fresnel-like shadow quality--it can be used as a low-level key light or accent light, fill light (with diffusion), or backlight.
- When fitted with a GCA 250W bulb (available separately), the Pro-light will emit a beam of 26 footcandles at full flood, 131 footcandles at full spot, from a distance of 10 ft (3 m)
Rifa-lite eX 55
- This softbox opens like an umbrella, with a removable front diffuser that measures 21 x 21" (53 x 53 cm)
- The eX series of Rifa-lites enables you to change out the fixture's socket to make use of cooler-running fluorescent bulbs
- Well Equipped
- Fully outfitted kit keeps you prepared for a wide range of video or still portrait or product shooting assignments