The Sound Devices MM-1 is a single channel, portable microphone preamp and headphone monitor designed for monitoring sound for film (boom operators), broadcast and ENG, field recording, voice over and corporate / industrial environments. The mic preamp features exceptional audio quality with a dynamic range exceeding 120dB and an audio bandwidth of 10Hz to 50kHz.
The balanced XLR microphone input provides user switchable +48V, 12V and 12V-T phantom power. A separate balanced monitor input accepts balanced or unbalanced line level signal. The 1/4" TRS headphone output is capable of monitoring microphone signal, external line level signal or a mix of both. A 3-position low cut filter switch eliminates noise below 80Hz and 160Hz. The compact unit features a belt clip and is powered with 2 AA batteries or external DC power source.
- Compact & Portable
- The MM-1 microphone preamp is compact, lightweight and features a belt clip, allowing comfortable operation for field audio engineers
- Versatile Monitoring
- A separate input accepts line level signal and the headphone output is capable of monitoring the mic input signal, line input signal or a mix of both
- Peak Limiter
- Peak limiter eliminates noise and distortion caused by signal overload
- Low Cut Filter
- A 3-position low cut filter switch eliminates noise at the 80Hz and 160Hz frequency ranges
- Superior Audio Quality
- The transformer balanced mic input and premium electronics yield a dynamic range exceeding 120dB with a 10Hz to 50kHz audio bandwidth