The Neumann BCM-705 is a professional, dynamic broadcast microphone that incorporates the quality of design expected of the famed microphone manufacturer. The BCM-705 features a hyper-cardioid pick up pattern and is intended for use in radio broadcast applications. The pick up pattern effectively minimizes off-axis audio signal, creating a narrow, focused pick up while minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the capsule. The wide frequency response is tailored to compensate for proximity effect, plosive sounds, etc. An integrated pop screen further minimizes noise caused by speech, enabling the BCM-705 to be used at close range. The design of the BCM-705 allows the microphone to be mounted onto most swivel arms.
- Dynamic Element
- The BCM-705 features a dynamic capsule that doesn't require external phantom power. The dynamic element is capable of reproducing audio at high SPL without noise and distortion.
- Hyper-cardioid polar pattern
- The hyper-cardioid polar pattern provides an focused pick up while minimizing of-axis noise and ambiance.
- Integrated Pop Screen
- The integrated pop screen effectively reduces noise and enables the microphone to be used at close range.
- Integrated Suspension
- The capsule is mounted on an integrated suspension system that reduces handling and positioning noise.