The Telex TR-700 is a professional UHF beltpack transceiver with access to 1440 frequencies, offering detachable screw-in 1/4 wave antennas, and featuring a rugged and durable, but lightweight, cast magnesium construction. The unit operates on either 6 AA or NiMH battery power. Up to 4 units may operate simultaneously in conjunction with the Telex BTR-700 Base Station.
The TR-700 offers an LCD display for the parameters and functions of the simplified graphic user interface, supported by menu and navigation buttons. The top of the unit conveniently offers easy access to the volume control and talk button. The headset connector, available in Telex and RTS 4-pin XLR configurations, features automatic detection of the boom mic type, be it dynamic or electret.
The proprietary Telex Intelligent Power Control feature of the TR-700 reduces the beltpack output by 10 dB when in close proximity to the base station, essentially eliminating front-end overload and distortion - a significant advancement.
The TR-700 represents a well designed and highly innovative use of the available wireless intercom technology, presented in simplified, intuitive fashion to the benefit of both the novice and veteran user, for installation purposes, or broadcast truck and other location applications.
- Rugged all-metal wireless UHF beltpack with detachable, color coded 1/4 Wave antennas on stud type connectors
- Cast magnesium construction for increased durability, lighter weight
- 1440 available UHF frequencies in 18 MHz operational bands, 24 factory preset groups
- 1000' line-of-sight range
- AA or NimH rechargeable battery operation with up to 14 hr. continuous battery life
- Proprietary Intelligent Power Control decreases output power of beltpack in closer proximity to Base Station by 10 dB, eliminates Base Station front-end overload and desensing
- On/Off Volume control knob, talk button with latching function with easy top panel access
- Top panel Battery/Overmodulation and Talk LED lights
- 4-pin XLR male or female Telex or RTS headset connectors with automatic dynamic or electret mic type detection
- Menu and Set, Up and Down rear panel parameter and navigation buttons with LCD display for simplified control
- Dedicated rear panel headset microphone gain control knob