The A-16D, made by Aviom, is an 8-port audio and power distribution module, housed in a 1/2 space metal rack case, and made for use with that company's personal monitoring and mixing system.
The A-16D adheres to Aviom's proprietary A-Net protocol, an ethernet-based technology that delivers high-speed transmission of uncompressed, very low latency audio over distances of up to 500 ft., using a standard Category-5 computer network cable with RJ45 connectors.
The ingenious power distribution of the A-16D is designed so that the power supplies of up to 8 remote A-series mixers and other components may be connected to a set of rear panel connectors, sending DC power along with the audio through the single Category-5 cable, simultaneously, in parallel fashion. This enables an easier, faster and cleaner remote setup, eliminating the need for extra power strips and concerns over remote AC access.
The A-16D, and the entire A-Net series, represents a genuinely innovative development in wired personal monitoring technology, for the benefit of live music performance and studio recording, commercial and institutional installations, theater installations, and houses of worship, at a breakthrough price point.
- 1/2 rack space, 8-output A-Net power and audio distributor with Cat-5 connectors
- 8 separate rear panel DC power inputs for remote power supplies, no power supply necessary at remote location
- Uses same power supply as other A-Net system components
- 8 ports simultaneously output 16 channels of audio and DC power to remote A-Net personal mixers and devices over single Cat-5 ethernet cable
- Parallel connection to remotes for cleaner, simpler system setup
- Dedicated front panel DC Power Active LED indicators for each output channel
- Front panel Power and A-Net Active LED's
- Unlimited number of units may be used for larger system distribution needs
- Power supply supports multiple voltages for international use