The Aviom AN-16/i is a single space rackmount module serving as the A/D input stage of that company's personal monitoring audio network. The unit converts the 16 line level audio channels into compression-free, full bandwidth 24-bit digital data, for transmission conforming to Aviom's proprietary A-Net protocol, sent through a standard Category-5 computer network cable, virtually latency-free, at lengths of up to 500 ft, using the RJ45 A-Net Out and Expansion jacks located on the panel.
The AN-16/i features 16 1/4" rear panel TRS inputs, each with a separate front panel Stereo Link switch, 4-position Gain switch, Signal Present LED, and Clip LED indicators. There is an additional rear panel row of 16 1/4" TRS Thru jacks , which provided exact copies if the input channels, for insertion into an existing audio signal path. The 1/4" connectors accept unbalanced signals as well.
Up to 4 AN-16/i modules may be used, in support of the maximum 64 channels of audio, sending data to any combination of AN-series monitoring components, over a single Category-5 cable.
The AN-16/i, and the entire A-Net series, represents a genuinely innovative development in wired personal monitoring technology, for the benefit of live music performance and studio recording, commercial and institutional installations, theater installations, and houses of worship, at a breakthrough price point.
- Rackmount 16-channel audio distributor Input Module with 24-bit A/D conversion and 1/4" TRS connectors for Aviom A-Net personal monitoring system
- 16 Balanced inputs available with 1/4" or Euroblock connectors
- 16 balanced Thru jacks on TRS version available per input, allow insertion in existing audio signal chain
- 1/4" connectors accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- A-Net Output and Expansion Category-5 connectors; all connectors rear mounted
- Uncompressed, full bandwidth 48 kHz/24-bit audio sent over standard Category-5 computer network cable
- A-Net Expansion jack combines data from multiple units into single Category-5 cable transmission
- Imperceptible 880 microsecond latency
- Stereo Link switching for each channel pair
- 4-position Gain Switch with -10, 0, +4, +22 dB settings available for each channel pair
- Dedicated Clip and Signal Present indicators available per channel
- Front panel access for all switches and indicators