The Rosetta 200 from Apogee is a two-channel analog to digital and digital to analog converter. The unit features premium A/D and D/A conversion, 192kHz sampling rates, optional Pro Tools HD, Mix and FireWire expansion cards and core Apogee technologies such as UV22HR and SoftLimit.
While the Rosetta 200 shares much of its feature set with its cousin, the Rosetta 800, it throws in some extras such as the new CODA Audio Finishing Module, full channel metering and MIDI and S/PDIF input and output. Flexibility and features make this converter an outstanding option for professional and project studios, mastering engineers and audio archivists.
- Apogee Conversion in High-Definition
- The most crucial component in the digital recording environment is high-quality A/D conversion. With up to 192kHz sample rates, the ROSETTA 200 combines Apogee's conversion quality with flexibility that complements any digital audio workstation.
- As higher definition audio becomes ever-present in the recording process and music continues to be delivered as a product at 16-bit/44.1kHz tools are needed to minimize the loss of detail and quality that can be inherent in the course of music production. CODA offers a trio of tools that will preserve the integrity of hi-def recordings with a minimal loss of quality.
- Maximizes levels without increasing noise and distortion. Great for recording and mastering, a "Learn" mode allows the unit to automatically determine the optimum level, and use it consistently to normalize incoming audio.
- Sample Rate Conversion
- In the past, Apogee hardware has not offered sample rate conversion because the results were disappointing. Recent advances have made SRC a viable option and now one can up or down sample without noticeably affecting the quality of the source audio.
- Apogee's dithering technology offers powerful reduction of high-resolution digital audio to 16-bits for the Internet and CD mastering.
Expansion Card Slot
- Pro Tools HD and Mix Systems
- An expansion card slot accommodates optional X-Series cards. This gives the unit connection capability to Pro Tools HD and Mix systems with either the "X-HD" card or the "X-Digi-Mix" card. No other hardware is required.
- FireWire Connectivity
- With the optional FireWire card installed, the ROSETTA 200 will connect natively to any FireWire input device, with near zero latency and without the need for additional hardware.
- One of the greatest difficulties in digital recording is getting an adequate level without clipping and unwanted distortion. With SoftLimit, the user can maximize digital output levels without overs.
Intelliclock: Dual Stage Jitter Reduction
- Essential for outstanding digital recording is maintaining an ultra-low-jitter, clock signal. To accomplish this, the unit utilizes Apogee's Intelliclock. Intelliclock is really two clocks in one. A fast-responding "read" clock, with a wide locking range, fills a dedicated FIFO buffer, while an ultra-low-jitter "write" clock writes the data out of the buffer, and is used to clock the converters.