The AFS 224 Advanced Feedback Suppression processor from dbx is a stereo/dual channel feedback eliminator, designed to provide state-of-the art processing while maintaining a simple and intuitive control interface. From the powerful DSP module to the user interface, the unit provides all the processing and control necessary for both installation and live use.
Although ten and twelve filter processors are generally accepted as standard, the AFS 224 offers up to twenty-four filters per channel with filter Qs up to 1/80 of an octave. AFS uses Precision Frequency Detection and state-of-the-art processing to determine the exact portions of a given frequency that is causing feedback without removing approximately half of the signal power.
Additional key features include "Fixed" and "Live" modes of operation, as well as the unit's "Filter Lift" capabilities. Live mode continuously updates filter placement as feedback appears from various sources, providing flexibility during a performance. Fixed mode keeps the initially-set filters in place. The Filter Lift feature automatically removes filter assignments that are no longer necessary, which in turn maximizes sonic integrity.
- dbx's Advanced Feedback Suppression (AFS) technology
- Twenty-four programmable filters per channel
- Application-specific filter types include Speech and Music Low, Med and High
- Stereo or dual independent channel processing
- Live and fixed filter modes with selectable filter lift times
- Input channel and 24 LED per channel filter metering