The Genelec 8130A is a small, bi-amplified, 2-way nearfield monitor with twin 40 Watt amplifiers and shielded 5" and .75" Low and High frequency drivers, featuring 24-bit/192 kHz AES/EBU digital monitoring capability, and housed in a sturdy die-cast aluminum enclosure. This speaker is designed for use in any professional audio production environment where space considerations are paramount.
Two additional unique features of the 8130A are the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) cabinet design, and the Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) speaker mount. The MDE design, with it's rounded, curved cabinet edges, improves spatial imaging and playback consistency. The Iso-Pod is a positioning mount that raises and isolates the speaker from the rumble and resonances often caused by surface placement.
The 3 8130A rear panel connectors are 3-pin XLRs, providing dual purpose Analog/AES/EBU digital inputs, a dedicated analog output, and an AES/EBU digital thru, for daisy-chain 5.1 surround expansion needs, or use with a subwoofer. A modest complement of tone control DIP switches allows for adjustment to the room's acoustic environment and AES/EBU channel selection. The bass reflex port improves low end reproduction.
The 8130A is a worthy and progressive solution for traditional stereo recording, or Surround mixing, in commercial and project studio, AV post, or mobile truck live recording environments.
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with dual 40 Watt amplifiers, 24-bit/192 kHz digital monitoring, and active crossover
- Selectable AES monitoring switches with single-wire/dual-channel capability, dual-wire/single-channel option with +6 dB increase in output level
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) design with rounded edges curved front and sides for smooth frequency response and clear spatial imaging, minimal cabinet edge wave diffraction
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and rear panel reflex port design for accurate and balanced wave dispersion, durable die-cast aluminum cabinet construction
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Front Panel power switch and volume control
- Tri-color front panel LED light with Power On, Digital Input, and Bit Transmission Error indicators
- Isolation Position/Decoupler (Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other aberrant vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, 3/8" threading for enclosure cabinet base mounting
- Balanced XLR connectors, dual-purpose Analog/AES input
- Separate balanced XLR Analog output, AES thru for daisy-chaining multiple units or connection to Subwoofer
- Rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt, Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry