The Sigma 800mm f/5.6 EX DG APO HSM is an apochromatic extreme-telephoto lens with a fast f/5.6 maximum aperture. The ultra-quiet Hyper Sonic Motor (H.S.M.) and Internal Focusing features assist autofocus speed and handling.
The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations. This lens is specially coated to get the best color balance whilst cutting down on ghosting caused by reflections from the digital image sensor.
This lens is ideal for capturing wildlife and sports photography.
Note! HSM lenses, while able to manually focus with all Nikon F-mount cameras, will autofocus ONLY with the following cameras- F6, F5, F4s, F100, N90s, N90, N80, N75, N70, N65, D1 & D2-series, D50, D70, D100, Pronea 6i, and Pronea S (or newer camera models). With other models, HSM or AF-S lenses must be focused manually. This is the same limitation as Nikon's own AF-S lenses.
- Powerful and silent Hyper Sonic Motor enables fulltime manual focus override
- Sigma's dedicated APO EX 1.4x and 2x teleconverters can be used with this lens, effectively converting it into a 1120mm f/8 or 1600mm f/11 lens
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion glass elements reduce chromatic aberration to a minimum
- A rotating filter holder in the rear of the lens barrel enables easy use of the included circular polarizer
- Lead and arsenic free ecological glass