RV-1 Real Spring Reverb is a high quality real spring reverb for professional sound recording. The unit employs innovative circuit technology with two Accutronics, classic, full size, six-spring reverb tanks. The result is all the great sound of analog spring reverb without the problems usually associated with them. It can function in several modes, including a stereo output.
The unit features two channels, each with its own reverb tank. Channel one has a short decay time and channel two has a longer one. Each channel can be run separately or can be linked. Each Accutronics reverb tank is individually shielded with mu metal to reduce noise from stray magnet fields. The RV-1 Real Spring Reverb is a spring reverb for the digital age, using only the finest components for the highest quality reproduction.
Note! While the unit generally displays none of the artifacts that plagues early spring reverbs and is superb on vocals, brass and guitars, fast drum transients can produce "springy" sounds, which, although could be used as an effect, precludes using the unit as a traditional analog reverb for percussion.
- Real spring reverb for professional sound recording
- Innovative design that keeps the frequency response of the drive and receiving transducers flat with low noise
- The inputs and outputs are fully balanced, three pin XLR or TRS, using Analog Devices 2142 and 2143 audio devices
- Fully regulated power supply at + or -18 volts for maximum headroom
- Custom built, shielded, toroidal transformer for low noise