The Audio-Technica UA851A is a high quality surface-mounted boundary microphone designed for audio capturing in conference rooms, board rooms, class rooms, stage performances, podiums, houses-of-worship and more. The sleek rugged enclosure provides a low-profile while housing a cardioid, condenser element.
The cardioid pattern is effective in minimizing noise and feedback at the off-axis sections of the microphone, resulting in greater signal to noise ratio. The UA851's capsules are interchangeable, omni-directional and hyper-cardioid polar patterns are available. The output connection features a pivot motion for easy installation on flat surfaces. The microphone includes an external phantom power supply unit that provides a standard XLR output connection and 11-52V DC phantom power. Phantom power is supplied via an external source or 1.5V AA alkaline battery.
- Cardioid Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in rejecting off-axis audio signal that can cause noise and feedback.
- PivotPoint Rotating Output Connection
- The connector features a pivoting motion, which aids in surface mounting.
- UniSteep Filter
- A low-frequency filter minimizes low frequency rumble and noise caused by vibration, proximity effect, ambiance, etc.
- UniGuard RFI Shielding
- UniGuard shielding protects against noise caused by radio frequency interference that may occur.
- External Power Supply
- An external power supply module supplies 12-52VDC phantom power from an external source or internal 1.5V AA battery. The power supply also provides a standard 3-pin XLR output connection.