Meade has upgraded the venerable ETX-70 refractor to an 80mm objective lens diameter, permitting finer viewing and higher magnifications, in this ETX-80AT-TC telescope kit. The ETX-80AT-TC has fully-automated computerized "Go To" control-simply perform a simple calibration procedure and then you can merely tell the Autostar controller what you'd like to see.
The mount for the ETX-80AT-TC has been beefed up from its ETX-70 predecessor, permitting steadier viewing particularly at higher magnifications.
The "TC" in the description refers to internal clock chip to maintain precise time internally-which is important for aligning the scope.
- Dual-Axis Motor Drive System with #494 Autostar Computer Controller
- Meade's #494 AutoStar computer controller automatically guides your telescope to over 1400 objects-planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas all arrive shortly after the simple push of a button. The "Tonight's Best" feature automatically takes you on a guided tour of the best planets, stars, nebulas and other objects out that particular night. Those thirsty for more information can learn distances, temperatures, masses and historical information about the object of interest from the LCD display.
- Internal flip-mirror system for either straight-through or 90° observing position
- Fork mount with electric slow-motion controls, setting circles and locks on both axes
- Electronic control panel
- Bubble level/compass provides fast scope orientation
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Upgradeable software
- Compatible with additional eyepieces, filters & barlow lenses