From the Audio-Technica UniPoint Series, the U853A Hanging Microphone is designed for accurate signal reproduction in theaters, houses-of-worship, conference halls, boardrooms, schools, professional recording applications and more. The U853A features a flexible steel hanger that grips the suspended cable and capsule, enabling easy microphone placement without excess hardware.
The U853's capsule features a wide frequency response and highly sensitive cardioid capsule. The cardioid pick up pattern provides a focused pick up area by minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. The result is a focused pick up without residual room noise and feedback. The wide, linear frequency response ensures transparent, accurate reproduction of both vocals and instruments.
A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates rumble and noise associated with room ambiance, acoustics, wind, proximity effect, etc. The U853A's rich audio quality, detailed signal reproduction, small profile and flexibility make it an excellent choice for capturing choirs, theatrical performances, lectures, sermons, etc.
- Flexible Steel Suspension Hanger
- The steel hanger wraps around the ceiling suspended cable and capsule. The flexible design enables flexible positioning and placement.
- Interchangeable Capsules
- The UniPoint series features interchangeable capsules. A cardioid capsule is included although hyper-cardioid, omni-directional and UniLine capsules are available as options.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The included cardioid capsule provides a focused pick up pattern while minimizing noise and ambiance that can cause feedback.
- UniSteep Filter
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off filter eliminates low-frequency residual noise at 80Hz.
- RFI Shielding
- UniGuard RFI-shielding protects the microphone against noise caused by radio-frequency interference in the area.