The Pentax AF-540 FGZ is a professional flash unit that is fully compatible with the entire line of Pentax cameras, from the original 67 to 645N II & MZ-S, MZ-SD or digital *ist, K100D, K110D and K10D series cameras. It will support advanced flash functions of even the latest digital SLR camera models.
Full manual control of flash output is possible even in slave mode, or use the TTL flash capabilities of the camera it's mounted on to achieve painless exposure with every aperture. The pop-up flash incorporated into many Pentax 35mm SLRs can be used to trigger the AF-540 FGZ wirelessly, and when combined with the MZ-SD or *ist D camera this is done with TTL metering!
NOTE: Off-camera corded TTL or P-TTL flash with the AF-540 FGZ requires two pieces; Hot Shoe Adapter F or Fg (catalog #31022 & 31045 respectively), and Extension Cord F5P or Extension Cord F5PL (37347 & 37349 respectively).
- Auto-zoom head covers from 24-85mm (20mm wide-angle adapter included)
Compatible with every Pentax camera, but has special features when used with MZ-S/MZ-SD or *ist series cameras:
- P-TTL Pre-flash evaluative metering
- HSS Focal plane high-speed flash sync
- Wireless TTL capability with ratio lighting control & four transmission channels
- Second-curtain sync
- Illuminated LCD panel
- AF Infrared lowlight assistance illumination
- Excellent battery conservation; 200 full flashes with alkaline, 250 with 2500 mAh NiMH, 350 with lithium, and 700 full flashes with TR-III battery pack