The Schneider 35mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL Lens w/ Copal #0 Shutter is an extremely wide angle large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Apo-Digitar XL can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times. This version of the lens is mounted to a conventional Copal #0 shutter.
This Apo-Digitar XL lens is recommended for use with backs as large as 37x49mm, and upon such backs it captures an image area similar to that of a 25mm lens upon a 35mm format camera. Its short focal length and wide 102° viewing angle are ideal for capturing tight spaces.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Apo-Digitar XL is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
On larger backs approaching the lens' maximum coverage, the Schneider #08-1003286 center filter is highly recommended for best performance.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 37x49mm
- Mounted in conventional Copal #0 shutter
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 90mm image circle
- Wide angle view with 102° coverage
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6-11
- Accepts 52mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras
- Optional 08-1003286 center filter