Out of Stock
The 13.75 x 19.5 x 1.37" Onyx Portfolio Box from Archival Methods is made from black buckram with white lining and is often a suitable choice where presentation is as important a factor as storage and protection. This is particularly applicable for photographs, prints, and similar artwork that are in what we might call live storage: regularly presented or viewed, but safely housed in between.
Portfolio boxes have the appeal of being like lockers that convert to a stage. Ruggedly constructed and well sealed, this portfolio box flips open to provide a handsome, complimentary background that enhances and frames the contained works.
Its hinged design allows the top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access. This design, moreover, facilitates the transfer of stored items from one side to another for smooth and professional presentation.
An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies, or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage. More specifically, works in this box can be edge handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work.
- Suitable for storing matted or un-matted prints
- Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing
- Offered in standard 1.37" depth with white lining
- Hinged along the longest sides
- Box core is Kappa binder's board (.100), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers
- Lined with 80 lb acid- and lignin-free paper
- PAT tested and passed
- Covered in library-quality F-grade buckram (poly-cotton) with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating
- Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content
- Reinforced hinge
- Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust