The MPC1000 from Akai is a professional music production workstation with sequencer and sampler capabilities, perfect for mobile applications. Without losing the classic "feel and groove" of Akai's previous MPC models, the MPC1000 offers a 64-track sequencer, 32-voice sampler and 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads, as well as a CompactFlash card slot and numerous jacks and ports for connectivity.
With intuitive locate and transport controls, along with two Q-Link sliders for real-time tuning, filter cutoff, layer switching, attack, and decay, the MPC1000 is easy to use while still offering a full set of features. Two multi-effects processors and a master output effects processor are provided, as well as multi-mode filters. Footswitch jacks are included for hands-free control, and a USB port allows connection to a Mac or PC for easy transfer of WAV and MIDI files.
- The lightweight, compact design is perfect for mobile applications.
- MIDI Sequencer
- The pattern based and linear 64-track sequencer supports up to 32 MIDI output channels and has a capacity of 100,000 notes.
- 32-Voice Sampler
- The 32-voice drum/phrase sampler records 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files for CD-quality audio.
- 16 Pads
- The 16 rubber pads are pressure and velocity sensitive for expressive programming. 16 levels of velocity, tuning, filter cutoff, attack, and delay are provided.
- 4-band EQ and compressor master effects offer chorus, flanger, bit-grunger, phaser, and more.
- Expandable Memory
The 16MB of internal memory can be expanded up to 128MB to hold your samples. The CompactFlash slot can accept cards up to 2GB. A 128MB CompactFlash card is supplied with 20MB of preprogrammed sounds and grooves. An optional internal hard drive may also be installed for additional storage.
The following hard drives have been tested and approved by Akai for use in the MPC1000:
Seagate Momentus ST92011A - 20GB
Fujitsu MHN2200AT - 20GB
Fujitsu MHM2200AT - 20GB
Toshiba MK4026GAX - 40GB
Hitachi Travelstar HTS541080G9AT00 - 80GB
- Intuitive Control
- Conveniently-placed transport and locate controls, along with two Q-Link sliders make interfacing with the MPC1000 a breeze.
- Analog and digital audio I/Os, MIDI in and out, footswitch jacks, and a USB port allow you to connect a variety of CD players, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, digital instruments, control pedals, and a computer for drag and drop file transfers. A headphone jack is also provided for private listening.
- LCD Display
- The 240 x 64 backlit graphic LCD displays operating information.