EZdrummer from Toontrack is a drum sample playback engine designed for musicians in need of a compact, affordable and easy to handle plug-in, without compromising any sound quality or control. Multiple microphone configurations were used in compiling this library.
The software's interface allows for both the auditioning of sounds and drum kit construction, with the large drag and drop MIDI library enabling users to create a drum track in less than 5 mouse clicks. For those that require more advanced features, users can control microphone bleed and levels between drums using the internal mixer.
The mixer also allows stereo and multi-track routing into the host software through one instantiation of the plug-in. A humanizer function combines drum hit randomizing and non-cycling, which allows for EZ Drummer to provide functionality that ranges from entry level usability to professional flexibility.
- Drums recorded at Avatar Studios, New York by Nir Z, produced by Neil Dorfsman and Pat Thrall, Mattias Eklund and Henrik Kjellberg
- Instant access to more than 8,000 drum patterns with pre-listening, quick browsing and "drag and drop" functionality
- 7,000 sound files recorded with 16-bit/44.1 kHz resolution
- Features multiple microphone controls
- Integrated mixer allows stereo and multi-track routing into the host software through a single instantiation of the plug-in
- Preset mix modes provides quick sound changes
- Velocity sweep allows instant seamless MIDI velocity changes from 1-127
- Can operate according to the General MIDI specification