The Speedotron/Photek 54" Umbrella with Removable Black Backing, enables it to be used as a makeshift softbox, when mounted on your Speedotron flash head or monolight.
This 54" size is perfect for a 3 - 4 person head-to-waist shot, or 4 x 6' product setup. It will illuminate ~16 sq ft.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes.
- The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control
- With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the Softlighter II becomes a "softbox" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the Softlighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor).
- Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 200 watts.