Still retaining all of those fabulous and unique features that make the Holga world famous, the Holga CFN Starter Kit takes Holga photography to the next level. This remarkable camera has many fascinating features. By rotating its color wheel, you can tint your flash with yellow, red, blue, or clear gels.
The incredible color-flash technology has been extended to the medium-format Holga. Using a combination of colored flash light and a long shutter exposure, this revolutionary item can create some of the most mind-blowing images that you have ever seen. When this feature is paired with Holga's characteristics (soft focus, light leaks, vignetting), the results can be awesome.
A "B" (Bulb) setting holds the shutter open for dreamy, natural background, flashed foreground images, or exciting nighttime long exposures. A standard 1/4" x 20 tripod nut holds your Holga steady, and a 6x6 plastic mask yields tighter, sharper images.
- Color Flash Wheel
- A plastic wheel assembly inside the flash allows you to choose one of three permanently mounted color gels (yellow, blue, red) or a clear flash. For ease and pleasure, the colors are labeled on top of the camera as well.
- 6x6 Interior Mask
- Traditionally, the Holga used a small plastic mask to take 6x4.5 images. This reduced the maximum area inside the camera to a rectangular portrait format. It also served to keep the film tight, protect it from scratches, and hold the batteries inside. Those who chose to shoot the square 6x6 format (basically everyone who wanted to really shoot with Holga), had to suffer through rough-shod film and falling batteries. No more! The 6x6 mask, like its 6x4.5 brother, keeps everything in place.
"B" Shutter Setting
- Allows you to hold open the shutter for as long as you like; Just keep the release button depressed, and the shutter will continue to exposure your image
This is nice for two reasons:
- shake-free long-exposures and
- long-exposure flash effects
- You can use your Holga to take stunning night shots, filled with streaming ambient light
- Tripod Thread
- Allows you to take more dramatic images since the camera can now be screwed to a standard 1/4-20 tripod thread for additional stability