The Sigma 8mm f/3.5 EX DG is a spherical fisheye lens that easily captures a full 180° view in all directions, in a circular image. Even the most familiar and mundane of subjects can be portrayed with startlingly fresh new expressions through exaggerated perspectives and unusual distortion effects.
Well suited for academic and technical measurements such as solid angle measurements, cloud cover measurements & virtual reality.
Note! Full circle can only be captured with 35mm format digital SLR and film SLR
AF not supported by D40 and D60 cameras.
- This improved version offers a brighter f/3.5 aperture, with a vastly improved minimum focusing distance of 5.3" (13.5 cm) and a maximum magnification of 1:4.6.
- Circular Image
- This circular fisheye lens can be used to create circular images with an angle of view of 180°. It permits creative expression through the exaggerated perspectives and unusual distortion effects.
- DG Design
- The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations. This lens is specially coated to get the best color balance whilst cutting down on ghosting caused by reflections from the digital image sensor. The lens provides the utmost correction against lateral chromatic aberration which is a serious problem for digital SLR cameras.
- Equipped with AF
- This extreme fisheye lens is unique as it incorporates an auto focus system to get accurate focusing that might be difficult through finder due to extremely large depth of field.
- Ideal for Scientific Applications
- This lens is useful for academic/technical applications such as solid angle measurements, because it provides a quantifiable angle/area relationship. It is widely used in science and industry for cloud cover measurements, weather observation, astronomical studies, agriculture etc.
- Gelatin Filter Holder
- The lens is supplied with an insertion-type gelatin filter holder at the rear allowing the use gelatin filter.