Featuring Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, the Celestron NexStar 5 SE is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing celestial or terrestrial subjects. With a weight of just 27.6 lb (2.5 kg) including the tripod, the portable 5 SE features a precision optical system with 1250 mm focal length at ƒ10, and has a 56% greater light gathering ability than an equivalent 4" model.
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings
- SkyAlign allows alignment on any three bright celestial objects, making for a rapid, efficient alignment process. It then functions as a 'go-to' system accepting commands through the handset and pointing the optical assembly toward any one of nearly 40,000 objects stored in its database. Using the (optional) CN-16 GPS accessory connection and an external GPS (not included), alignment is entirely automatic.
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of the telescope with a PC
- StarPointer finderscope helps with alignment and locating objects
- Flash-upgradeable hand control software and motor control units by way of downloadable updates
- Robust, computerized altazimuth mount
- Exceptionally sturdy steel tripod for razor-sharp astrophotography