The ControlPad from Alesis, is a USB/MIDI percussion controller in a compact form that is equally at home, both as a performance instrument and a MIDI programming tool for studio recording. Applications include programming of drum and percussion parts with a MIDI sequencer, studio recording and live performance.
The controller features eight velocity sensitive pads with gum rubber surfaces for excellent stick response, as well as two trigger inputs for connecting external pads. Additionally, there are two switch pedal inputs to accommodate an open and closed hi-hat function, as well as kick drum.
Percussion setups are stored to internal memory and are accessible via MIDI program change commands. In addition to being USB bus-powered, the ControlPad includes an AC adapter for stand-alone use.
- USB/MIDI drum controller for studio or live use
- Eight high-quality, velocity-sensitive percussion pads
- Pad sensitivity adjustment
- USB Plug-and-Play connectivity (no drivers necessary)
- USB bus-powered (no power supply necessary when connected to a computer)
- Two trigger inputs for connecting external pads (compatible with the Alesis Drum Pad and Cymbal Pad expansion kits)
- Two switch pedal inputs and up/down footswitch input
- MIDI I/O
- Stores MIDI setups with program change capability
- Includes BFD Lite, a virtual drum module from FXpansion
- PC and Mac compatible
- Power adapter included for use without a computer