The Hasselblad Flextight X5 Scanner is designed as the pinnacle of professional scanners, offering unsurpassed quality and scanning speed with multiple format capacity. It is easy to use, and is built with a vertical optical system to allow the Kodak 8000 dpi CCD to face downwards, creating a glass-free optical path between the original and the lens. The patented virtual drum solution produces optimal focusing across the whole of the original, and the flexible holder guarantees easy mounting combined with safe and cautious handling of your originals.
Having a device that has the quality to reproduce all the subtle details embedded in your negatives and transparencies that gives you full control over the crucial interpretation of your work is what makes owning a Hasselblad scanner attractive. Your valuable originals are never out of your custody and you are the one who decides when to do what and how. Furthermore, the 3F workflow can produce a throughput that has to be seen to be believed; automatic format detection, cropping, and individual file naming is right at your fingertips with just the push of a button.
The X5's 8000 dpi maximum resolution is more than you'll need in most cases, and although many scanners have a higher optical resolution, they'll not have better clarity and detail when scanning photographic film. The combination of the electronic image handling of the sensor, the device's mechanical precision, the quality of the sensor filters, and the resolving power of the Rodenstock lens are what set it apart.
The X5 offers amazing speed of up to 300 MB per minute. The FlexHolder holding system allows production speed without excessive heat. You can also perform batch scans with the X5, and it is equipped with FlexTouch dust removal capacity to speed up the cleaning of your files.
- Up to 8000 dpi Resolution
- With its high-end optics and 3 line x 8000 pixel Kodak Image Sensor, the Flextight X5 produces images of superb quality and detail. Even though you can find scanners with larger sensors, you will not find better clarity and detail rendition when scanning photographic film. This is due to the electronic image handling of the sensor, the mechanical precision of the device, the quality of the filters, and the resolving power of the Rodenstock lens.
- Virtual Drum and Vertical Optical System
- A vertical optical system allows the CCD to face downwards, creating a glass-free optical path between the original and the lens. The patented virtual drum solution produces optimal focusing across the entire original, and the flexible holder guarantees easy mounting and safe, secure handling of your originals.
- Up to 300 MB per Minute Scan Speed Made Possible with Active Cooling
- Running the electronics at this speed demands a great deal from the internal design of the scanner, and is also a challenge in terms of heat generation. Therefore, the Flextight X5 scanners are equipped with a Peltier cooling device on the CCD itself. In this way heat is controlled, which avoids compromising the quality of the scans.
- Dust Removal Features
- The scanner is equipped with a light condenser which eliminates the effect of small dust particles, which are normally invisible unless you zoom 100% into your image. They can be the most annoying and time-consuming part of scanning, but with this unit they are removed without losing speed or quality. Additionally, you can add the FlexTouch dust removal feature, which will remove dust and small scratches from your scans without having any impact on the sharpness at all.
- Batch and Slide Feeder Capabilities
- By attaching the optional Batch Feeder, it is now possible to set up an automatic scanning workflow. The Batch Feeder allows up to 60 originals to be scanned, unattended. The Batch Feeder can handle most kinds of transparencies, and they are automatically recognized and scanned according to pre-defined specifications. The Slide Feeder for 35mm mounted slides holds up to 50 slides, which can be scanned in one batch. The files produced can either be final TIFF files cropped and corrected, or saved as raw 3F files which can be opened and corrected just if they were initial scans.
- The 3F File and Workflow
- When selecting the 3F file format as the automatic scan mode, the images are scanned at a specified resolution of 16 bits per color. In this way the full range of the original is extracted from the scan. The 3F file is never altered but will act as a "preview scan" when you open it later, allowing you to re-do all operations and change whatever parameters you wish. This is exactly like re-scanning but without the need for the film original. Furthermore, every time you save a file from the 3F format the history of your decisions is embedded inside the 3F file, which will enable you to repeat whatever you have been doing whenever you choose.