The 300mm f/2.8 G Telephoto Prime Lens from Sony is a professional level telephoto lens with wide f/2.8 aperture and fast internal autofocus response. With a full range of functions geared to the professional photographer, this lens provides sharp, aberration-free images across the entire film area at all apertures. It has been designed with dust and moisture resistance to prevent water penetration at both ends as well as along the focus ring. Its AR coatings and internal baffles increase transmittance and reduce flare to preserve image contrast. With three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements, among a total of thirteen, aberrations are closely controlled for optimal image capture.
With its internal focusing system, its lens elements move to focus so that the overall length of the lens does not change, preserving balanced and stabilized shooting regardless of the focusing distance. Its two Direct Manual Focus (DMF) modes allow you to quickly switch between manual and autofocus modes, while four focus hold buttons and an electronic sliding focus range switch allow you to alter the way the lens focuses for faster and more controlled shooting.
- f/2.8 Maximum Aperture
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range and nine curved aperture blades, pleasing blurred background bokeh effects are rendered effortlessly.
- For Sony Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony Alpha cameras, this lens' focal length and viewing angle becomes the 35mm equivalent of a 450mm lens when attached to smaller cropped APS-C cameras.
- 3x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in, the extra-low dispersion glass corrects for certain wavelengths of light - producing sharper images with truer colors.
- Nano AR Glass Lens Element Coating
- This Sony Nano AR glass coating technology reduces internal reflections to produce clear, crisp image quality with less flare and ghosting.
- Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM)
- Designed for fast, smooth, silent automatic focusing, this unique technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. It operates through the ability of a piezoelectric device to reshape itself quickly when voltage is applied.
- 2x Direct Manual Focus (DMF) Modes
- These modes allow you to quickly switch from autofocus to manual focus by just turning the manual focus ring of the lens.
- Electronic Focus Range Selector Switch
- This lens is made with an electronic focus range switch that offers better focus control whenever you need it. Choosing the appropriate focus range allows the lens to more quickly focus right where you want it, and not lag by searching up and down its entire focus range.
- Dust & Moisture Protection
- The front and back ends of this 300mm lens, as well as the area surrounding the focus ring, are specially constructed to help prevent water penetration.
- 4x Focus Hold Buttons
- The four Focus Hold buttons, placed in different locations on the lens allow you to more easily lock the focus to keep it right where you want it, without having to roam the lens to find the right hold switch.