This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine U-BXP housing is specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D2X, D200 and similar cameras. Smaller SLR cameras can still be used in the housing. The housing is manufactured from double laminated PVC and has an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 155' (50 m) depth.
Perfect for snorkeling, diving, sandy, dusty, humidity or foul weather conditions. This housing will give your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable.
If the optional BF1 lead weight is inserted into the housing, underneath the camera, it becomes even easier to reach the maximum depth. The auto focus of the camera continues to function perfectly. As you descend, the air is pressed into the camera. Due to this, the pressure inside the housing will remain the same as the surrounding water pressure (this is the reason why ewa-marine housings are so safe to use: implosions are impossible). Due to this, we have to start the dive with a suitable amount of air inside the housing. The foam pads supplied with the housing are part of this air "reservoir" and additional air should also be blown into the housing, via the valve at the rear, to ensure that the maximum volume is being utilized.
It has a pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails which fit together for sealing. They tighten by means of screw knobs. The external flash that is commonly used on SLR cameras fits into the specially designed section on the top of the housing.
This housing accommodates a maximum 72mm lens filter thread. Adapters for 52, 55, 58 and 62mm filter threads are included.
- For large Digital SLR Cameras
- Specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D2X, D200 and similar cameras
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Camera Functions
- Accesses to all camera functions through the PVC
- External Flash
- The external flash that is commonly used on SLR cameras fits into the specially designed section on the top of the housing
- Versatile Size and Weight
- Small enough to use for other sporting activities like skiing or fishing. Can change buoyancy by adding air or weight
- Priced significantly less than conventional housings