The ProSafe 24-Port 10/100 Smart Switch with 12 PoE and 2 Gigabit Ports from Netgear is a switch with 24 10/100 ports, half of which deliver Power over Ethernet (PoE). It also features 2 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed connectivity. The switch provides web-based management and SNMP for customization, but is ready to use out of the box. It is an ideal solution for businesses that require more power than a simple switch can provide, but don't require the enterprise features that Layer 2 and Layer 3 managed switches provide.
- Flexible Connectivity
- The switch features 24 10/100 Ethernet ports. It also features 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed connectivity. This makes the switch an ideal solution for network environments that include wireless aces points, VoIP phones and IP-based surveillance cameras. The switch also features dual SFP slots for GBIC expansion modules.
- Power over Ethernet Support
- The switch can power up to 12 remote devices via PoE. This allows you to install Ethernet based security cameras, wireless access points and other PoE-compliant devices without the need for extra electrical wiring.
- Smart Management Features
- The switch supports web-based smart management for performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN traffic control, port trunking and CoS prioritization. It is optimized for the ProSafe Network Management Software and also works with SNMP-based management software.
- Rackmount Design
- The switch is housed in a sturdy form factor and includes a kit for rackmounting. This allows you to easily add it to a professional network via an equipment rack.