The Voigtlander Bessa-R3M Rangefinder Camera is a modified version of the Bessa R3A camera. While being identical in all other aspects to the R3A model, the R3M features a mechanical shutter release. This makes it possible to use the camera even without batteries, albeit without metering.
The Voigtlander Bessa R3A/M is an improved version of the Bessa R2 rangefinder camera, which in itself is an advancement over the original Bessa R camera. All of the original Bessa R's outstanding features are retained; an exceptionally bright viewfinder, quiet shutter & simple LED metering system.
In addition, the Bessa R3A/M series is the first M mount camera ever to feature a 1:1 viewfinder. As a result, shooting with both eyes open is now possible. Also, when bundled with a 50mm lens, the frame lines will show a bigger area in the viewfinder.
- TTL Centerweighted light metering
- Clear LED Exposure scale with red for under/overexposure and green for correct exposure
- Vertical-travel mechanical metal focal plane shutter
- Exceptionally bright viewfinder with split image rangefinder patch & brightlines for 40/90, 50, 75mm lenses
- Superior rubberized and anodized body covering materials
- Bayonet Leica M-type lens mount accepts all 39mm screw mount lenses (with the appropriate adapter) from Canon, Leica & Voigtlander, as well as M bayonet-type lenses from Leica, Minolta & Konica
- Compatibility with the Voigtlander Trigger Winder (originally introduced with the Bessa T) for speedy, battery-free film advance
- Compatibility with dioptric correction lenses from the Nikon FM3A