Voigtlander Bessa Series Cameras are light, unobtrusive cameras that are ideal for handheld lowlight conditions. These rangefinder cameras have a smaller distance between the film and the lens mount than SLRs, which makes for inherently sharper lenses. And above all else, they are small.
The Voigtlander Bessa R4A is a rangefinder camera that was designed with the wide-angle shooter specifically in mind. It has built-in parallax projected framelines for 21, 25, 28, 35, and 50mm lenses. As a result, you no longer need to use an external viewfinder mounted on top of the camera. This means that you can now both frame and focus directly from the built-in viewfinder, eliminating the need to having to move your eye to a separate viewfinder.
Besides for the wide-angle viewfinder of the R4A camera, all other features are identical to the Bessa R3A. Of course, all of the original Bessa R's outstanding features are retained; an exceptionally bright viewfinder, quiet shutter & simple LED metering system. Many internal parts of the R4 are made of metal instead of plastic (as on the Bessa R), resulting in a camera which feels more solid and durable in one's hands.
This camera features the AE (Auto-Exposure) Aperture Priority mode, with plus/minus 2 stops compensation on AE.
Note! As a result of the wide-angle design of the viewfinder, this camera is not recommended for use with lenses longer than 50mm, used wide-open, at short distances.
- Viewfinder designed specifically for wide-angle lenses
- TTL Centerweighted light metering
- Clear LED Exposure scale with red for under/overexposure and green for correct exposure
- Vertical-travel electronic metal focal plane shutter
- Exceptionally bright viewfinder with split-image rangefinder patch & brightlines for 21/35, 28, and 25/50mm lenses
- Superior rubberized and anodized body covering materials
- Bayonet Leica M-type lens mount accepts all 39mm screw mount lenses(with the appropriate adapter) from Canon, Leica & Voigtlander, as well as M bayonet-type lenses from Leica, Minolta & Konica
- Compatibility with the Voigtlander Trigger Winder (originally introduced with the Bessa T) for speedy, battery-free film advance
- Compatibility with dioptric correction lenses from the Nikon FM3A camera