The Voigtlander Bessa R2A is an improved version of the Bessa R2 rangefinder camera, which in itself is an advancement over the original Bessa R camera. Several advancements upon the Bessa R make the R2 cameras a wonderful and affordable entry to the world or rangefinder cameras to compete with the Leica M, Konica Hexar RF & Contax G-Series cameras.
Of course, all of the original Bessa R's outstanding features are retained; an exceptionally bright viewfinder, quiet shutter & simple LED metering system. Many internal parts of the R2 are made of metal instead of plastic (as on the Bessa R), resulting in a camera which feels more solid and durable in one's hands. A major improvement over the R2 is the AE (Auto-Exposure) Aperture Priority mode, with plus/minus 2 stops compensation on AE.
The Voigtlander Bessa Series Cameras are light, unobtrusive cameras that are ideal for handheld lowlight conditions. These rangefinder cameras have a smaller distance between the film and the lens mount than SLRs, which makes for inherently sharper lenses. And above all else, they are small.
- TTL Centerweighted light metering
- Clear LED Exposure scale with red for under/overexposure and green for correct exposure
- Vertical-travel electronic metal focal plane shutter
- Exceptionally bright viewfinder with split image rangefinder patch & brightlines for 35, 50, 75 & 90mm lenses
- Superior rubberized and anodized body covering materials
- Bayonet Leica M-type lensmount accepts all 39mm screwmount lenses (with the appropriate adapter) from Canon, Leica & Voigtlander, as well as M bayonet-type lenses from Leica, Minolta & Konica
- Compatibility with the Voigtlander Trigger Winder (originally introduced with the Bessa T) for speedy, battery-free film advance
- Compatibility with dioptric correction lenses from the Nikon FM3A